Technology Risk Services
Auditing and Financial
View our service lines to see how we can help your company grow.
Key Areas of our Technology Risk Services
- ITGC (General Controls)
- Application controls
- Use of tools and methodology tailored to comply with global IT frameworks & Practices
ISAE 3402 reviews
Business process advisory
ICT Governance Services
Independent project assurance
IT Specific control reviews
- Network and Internet controls (including the risk associated with networks and internet controls)
- IT Governance
- IT Security Management
- IT Outsourcing Management
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
Assists the audit function in proactively identifying and evaluating IT related risks and controls.
Technology Risk Services (TRS) is a service line within Rakoma and Associates that provides IT assurance, advisory and consulting services in various industries within both private and public sectors.
The primary role in terms of assurance service is to assist the audit function in proactively identifying and evaluating IT related risks and controls. TRS provide independent assurance on the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information / data processed on the various IT systems.
Technology risk refers to any risk of financial loss, disruption or damage to the reputation of an organisation as a result of the failure of its information technology systems. Cyber risk is a subset of technology risk, which is the potential for any type of technology failure to disrupt a business.
Some of our service offerings include the following:
The specific areas of coverage include the following:
- IT General Controls Review
- Application Controls Review
- ERP systems (SAP, Oracle, JDE, SAGE, etc.)
- National Treasury Transversal Systems (BAS, Persal, Logis)
- Other Systems
- Security Reviews
- Project Pre and Post Implementation Reviews
- Data Analytics
- Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery
IT Advisory & Consulting
Our advisory and consulting service include the following, amongst others:
- Development of IT Policies, standards, and procedures
- Development of Business continuity and disaster recovery plans
- Risk management (as per COSO and ISO31000)
- IT Governance assessments (King IV, CGICT and COBIT)
- Cyber and IT security assessments (ISO 27000, NIST, CIS Benchmark)
- POPIA assessments
- Big Data Analytics
- Cloud computing assessments
- Enterprise Architecture
Sign up for our newsletters
The best of Financial News, in your inbox.